Brighten Your Smile With Teeth Whitening by Dr. Ambis
Everyone wants their teeth to be shining and beautiful. However, the reality is that most teeth naturally become dull or discolored over time. Some may turn to over-the-counter treatments with lackluster results while others just try to “deal with it” and remain unhappy with their smile.
Fortunately, professional teeth whitening from one of the top-rated dentists in Ithaca, NY, Dr. Ambis can provide you with an effective, long-lasting shine to your smile without any of the frustrations.
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
With professional teeth whitening, you can see dramatic results after a single visit to our Ithaca office. This simple cosmetic treatment can brighten your teeth up to eight shades whiter with a special whitening gel. Unlike store-bought or at-home kits, our whitening treatment penetrates deep below the tooth’s surface, creating stunning results that are sure to last.
Do you struggle with yellowed or discolored teeth? Visit our Ithaca, NY office to have your teeth professionally whitened. You’ll be glad that you did it once you see the dramatic difference a single whitening treatment can have on your teeth.
How Do Our Teeth Stain?
A variety of factors can stain teeth, including a combination of genetics and lifestyle habits. Some things to consider if you’re thinking about professional teeth whitening include:
- Consuming stain-causing foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, red wine, and dark berries.
- Poor oral hygiene practices such as not brushing and flossing regularly.
- Age, as the enamel on your teeth naturally wears away with time, leaving the inner dentin more visible.
- Oral trauma caused by a sports injury, an auto accident, or other facial trauma can impact the formation of enamel.
- Genetics can play a role in how thick and white your tooth enamel is as well as how susceptible you are to yellow teeth.
- Environment can also be a factor in your dental health. During tooth formation, too much fluoride from water or excessive use of toothpaste can cause fluorosis or white spots to develop.
- Tobacco use, both smoking and chewing, can cause significant staining.
- Certain medications, such as tetracycline antibiotics, can cause tooth discoloration as a potential side effect.
It’s important to take steps to prevent staining and keep your teeth looking bright and healthy. This may include regular dental cleanings, avoiding stain-causing foods and drinks, and changing some of your day-to-day lifestyle habits.
Caring for Your Newly Whitened Teeth
Maintaining the results of professional teeth whitening requires maintaining a proper dental hygiene routine. This includes regular dental check-ups and cleanings by your dentist at least twice a year. Avoiding tobacco, stain-causing foods and drinks, and adjusting your diet can help prevent staining your renewed smile. By following these tips, you can enjoy a beautiful and confident smile for a long time!